On this page:
Building and renovating
For a complete list of the available checklists on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website, see Checklists for building and renovating
Here is a selection of checklists from the series:
- Building contracts checklist
- Paying for building work
- Building a home with a smaller building company
- Building a home with a large building company
- Owner builders checklist
- Implied warranties and domestic building insurance
- Getting out of a building contract
- Plans and permits
- Home improvements costing $10,000 or less
Your Home is Australia’s independent guide to designing, building or renovating homes to ensure they are energy efficient, comfortable, affordable and adaptable for the future.
Sustainability Vic promotes environmental sustainability across Victoria. Go to Energy efficiency and reducing emissions for resources about energy efficiency when building, renovating, buying or renting, and how to reduce energy bills in your current home.
Planning laws define the ways that land in the council area can be used or developed for private residential, commercial or public use.
- DELWP | Permits and applications
- DELWP | Planning permits
- The Complete VicSmart Guide | What is VicSmart?
Victorian Building Authority
The VBA's Building Practice Notes explain different parts of the building legislation, making it easier to find and understand the information relevant to you.
Page last updated: 27/09/22